France update

In other news...remember how I'm moving to France for 7 months next year to teach English? This week I officially received my placement for where I'll be working! 

I knew I would be placed somewhere in the region of Alsace, but now I know exactly which cities I'll teach in.

I was placed in two towns 19 miles southwest of Strasbourg (which is the capital of Alsace and the biggest city in the region). I'll teach 9 hours per week at a high school in Barr and 3 hours per week at a middle school in Heiligenstein. Can you tell I'll be close to Germany? Heiligenstein is not the most French-sounding name :)

Barr has about 6,000 people and Heiligenstein has less than a 1,000! I'm not sure yet if I want to live close to my schools or commute from Strasbourg so I can live in a bigger city. It would be a 45 minute train ride. Thankfully Barr has a train station even though it's such a small place. I think the most stressful part of doing this program will be finding an apartment! I don't even know where to start.

It looks like a cute place (I mean obviously, it is in France...).



It's been 3 long years since I've set foot in France... I seriously can't wait to move there!


Comments

  1. Can't wait to visit Strasbourg with you! So exciting!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts