Wednesday, June 12, 2013

France update

In other news...remember how I'm moving to France for 7 months next year to teach English? This week I officially received my placement for where I'll be working! I knew I would be placed somewhere in the region of Alsace, but now I know exactly what schools I'll be at.

I'll be in two towns 19 southwest of Strasbourg (which is the capital of Alsace and the biggest city in the region). I'll teach 9 hours a week at the high school in Barr and 3 hours a week at the middle school in Heiligenstein. Can you tell I'll be close to Germany? Heiligenstein is not the most French-sounding name :)

Barr has about 6,000 people and Heiligenstein has less than a 1,000! I'm not sure yet if I want to live close to my schools or commute from Strasbourg so I can live in a bigger city. It would be a 45 minute train ride. Thankfully Barr has a train station even though it's such a small place. I think the most stressful part of doing this program will be finding an apartment! I don't even know where to start.

It looks like a cute place (I mean obviously, it is in France...)




I seriously can't wait to get to France! It's been three long years since I've been there.


1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to visit Strasbourg with you! So exciting!

    ReplyDelete