Not quite French...

This week I felt French because...

I ate French fries with a fork.

I had a whole conversation about the weather flawlessly using Celsius.

I showed two French women how to buy their train tickets and they thought I was a local.

I caught myself thinking and dreaming in French a few times.


This week I felt American because...

For the life of me I can't put my bread on the table. The French never put their baguette on their plate. They put it on the table and get crumbs everywhere. I just can't.

I'm baffled by how small French garbage cans are. I'm always self-conscious throwing anything away because whatever you put in fills up half the can.

I'm homesick. Not for Cannes, which we moved away from this week, but for Wisconsin. I love France and Europe so much, but I'm so ready to be home! I will be in less than in a month, but for some reason it still feels far away.


Comments

Popular Posts