Back to school!

It’s that time of the year again... time to head back to Israel! I had a pretty short break at home, just over a month, and it predictably went by super fast.

I managed to sneak in two little trips during that time to two very exotic locations- Utah and Kansas. Out in Utah I got to spend time with friends and family. It was so fun to catch up with everyone!


Last weekend me and David went on a short road trip to Kansas City. I’m trying to help him out in his quest to see all of America. I’m a little sad that after this trip we’ve officially been to more states than countries together. I think our official count is now at 5 countries and 6 states. So close.

In Kansas we stayed with my aunt and uncle (thanks guys!). We toured some of the church history sites in Missouri that aren’t too far away, and David met his new best friend, Kansas City barbecue sauce. On the way home we made a quick stop in St. Louis.


Other than those little trips, I spent time with my family and puppy and enjoyed fall. I spent a lot of time doing homework too, but we don’t have to discuss that. Other highlights included doing ballet for the first time since first hurting my knee a year ago (I can still dance! just not that well haha), and spending a day in downtown Chicago.


Israel in October is still in the mid-80s... so I had to soak up as much beautiful fall weather and as many American fall activities as possible. It’s my favorite season, so I’m happy I got to have a month of it before going back to summer. By the way, summer is definitely NOT my favorite season.


Last year I made an Israeli flag pumpkin in honor of leaving for Israel a few days later (weird that it was a year ago that I started my program!), so this year I felt like it was only fair that my pumpkin represent my other adopted country- France. It makes no sense since Halloween is not really a thing in either of those countries... but why not.

2014 pumpkin:


Unfortunately, my France pumpkin died less than 2 weeks later. Sometimes the good ones die young, right? I have to give credit to my my dad for first joking that my pumpkin surrendered... but then I just had to take it one step further.


Anyways, this week I’ll be starting my third and last semester in Haifa. I’ll be done for good at the end of January. Well, done with classes. I’ll still be working on papers for months after that. I'm just going to focus on the being done with classes part.

I'm ready to enjoy my last 3 months of living in Israel! I think it will go by fast.

Comments

Popular Posts