Un-pausing Life

Guess who's back in Israel! This jet lagged person writing this, that's who! 

I can't believe I haven't written anything since the beginning of April! That points to my boring existence of the last few months. However, there have been a few exciting events since then.

Hint:


But even if most of the last few months have been uneventful, there are a few noteworthy events that deserve to be documented on the blog.

1. The knee surgery.


The reason for having to come home, and the reason that I almost DIED of boredom in April and May. On the plus side, I now have a functioning knee and everything went well. But back to complaining. 

I learned a lot. Such as that physical therapists are as sadistic as dentists. And that it's not fun at all to have unlimited TV watching and being lazy time if it's your only choice for months. 

But, I got through it! It's crazy to think back at what I couldn't do just a month ago. Like walk.

2. The road trip.

Well, connected to that... the arrival in America of my official chauffeur (okay, a little more than that too) was also an event. David got to the U.S. in the middle of May, and was a great help to alleviate my boredom.

A few weeks after he got there, he volunteered as tribute and offered to drive me to the Mall of America. If you're unfamiliar with that excellent institution (shame on you), it's the biggest mall in the country and is located just outside of Minneapolis, Minnesota. What David got out of it was checking another state off of his bucket list. What I got out of it was being in shopping heaven for two days. It was definitely a very fun mini-vacation!



3. The friend time.

And by friend, I'm referring to one particular friend. My pool of friends that actually live in the same geographical area as me is basically non-existent. My friend Elvera came home from BYU for a little while- ironically also because of a knee surgery, although not her own.

We had fun going with David and her cousin to a Norwegian festival and some botanical gardens in the Madison area and then to downtown Milwaukee on a different day. Good times.



4. The sister wedding.

One of the most fun parts of the wedding experience, in my opinion, was the 'rehearsal' dinner the night before the wedding. A lot of the family and some close friends met up there in Chicago the day before. We didn't actually rehearse anything, but we did have fun listening to family members share stories about Jenna and Cabren. 

The next day was D-day- the wedding day!!! After the grand entrance of the newlyweds, we took a lot of pictures that made my stiletto-d feet start to die. Sadly, my high heel endurance is still quite up to my usual standards. But my shoes were still worth it. And so was waiting around to take pictures! We got some good ones.


After eating lunch, we all headed back up north to Wisconsin. I think I speak for everyone in my family that we were all already exhausted by that point, but the party was just getting STARTED. 

There were another million pictures taken before the reception, taken by this gentlemen:


(Props to my Aunt Cyndi for capturing the bow-tie man- it's an inside joke haha)

I think everything at the reception turned out great! The decorations were nice, the food was good, and the cake was AMAZING. Let me reference one of my favorite things from Pinterest, and then maybe you can guess the flavor of the cake.


There were a lot of fun things to do at the reception. I can't even list them all because I'm too lazy. One of the most entertaining parts was watching my extended family go crazy on the dance floor. Who knew the Bishops had that in them.

All in all, it was SO FUN and everything turned out wonderfully. It was such a happy day. Yay Jenna! Love you <3


5. The Bishop family reunion:

We have them every 2 years, and since I missed the last one while I was doing BYU Jerusalem, I was happy to get to attend this one! I don't remember the exact count, but somewhere around 30 people from my mom's side of the family all convened in Wisconsin Dells. 

Here's everyone before our duck tour. Note my grandpa raising his hand as he attempts to make it in the picture.


There was a lot of swimming, game playing, a slightly frightening family talent show, and a day at Noah's Ark. Later in the week some of us did a Sprecher's factory tour. Best root beet ever!


6. The 4th of July:

The last 2 years I haven't been in town for this, so I liked having my traditional Germantown holiday this year. We went to the Menomonee Falls fireworks on the 3rd, since Jenna and Cabren had to leave to go back to Utah the next morning. On the 4th, me and David went to the Germantown parade, which I find adorable because it is semi-lame in its small town-ness. Later that night, all of the Bishop crew headed over to the Chausows' house to hang out and watch the fireworks from their backyard. I was proud to see that the Germantown fireworks were slightly better than the Falls ones. #gtownpride


It was fitting to spend my last day in America celebrating America! On the 5th I began the long trek back to Tel Aviv. After about 24 hours of traveling, I made it. Now I'm gearing up for what looks like it will be a busy semester.

Comments

Popular Posts