Tuesday, September 15, 2015

A girl can dream...

I've been asked a few times what's next on my travel bucket list. That's a tough one, because (at least for me) the more I travel, the more I want to travel. I have so many more ideas and dreams for future travels than I did a few years ago. Thankfully, I still have a long life ahead of me! So who knows... if circumstances allow hopefully I'll check a lot more things off of my list in the future.

This whole post started because I found this 100 travel goals list online, and then I thought... wow! that sounds a lot more fun than homework. Haha.

The places in italics are the ones that I want to/hope to/plan on going to someday. Not that I wouldn't want to go to almost all of them, if given the chance. The ones in orange are the ones I've already made it to. I arbitrarily included pictures for some- as you might guess, if I've been to the place than it's my picture.

1. Alamo - San Antonio, Texas, USA  I'm anti-Texas, but I like history... so I'll probably make it there someday.
2. Alhambra - Granada, Spain  Something I've wanted to see for a while! It's a palace where the Muslim sultans lived. I love the combination of European/Islamic architecture.


3. Andros Island - Bahamas
4. Angel Falls - Venezuela
5. Angkor Wat - Angkor, Cambodia   This place looks really cool, but I just don't see myself going to Cambodia. 
6. Atlantic City Boardwalk - Atlantic City, New Jersey, USA
7. Ayers Rock - Australia
8. Big Ben - London, England


9. Bora Bora - Polynesia
10. British Museum - London, England
11. Canals of Amsterdam - Amsterdam, Netherlands Such a beautiful city to walk around, despite the smell of marijuana that actually made me miss the normal cigarette smoke in France. Still worth it.


12. Cathedral of Seville - Seville, Spain  One of the biggest in the world.



13. Cave of Crystals - Mexico
14. Christ the Redeemer - Rio De Janeiro, Brazil    If anyone wants to fund me going to the Olympics next year, I would be up for that :)  Otherwise... not much interest in going anywhere in South America ever.
15. Cinque Terre - Italy  It doesn't even look like a real place!




16. Colosseum - Rome, Italy



17. Crater Lake National Park - Oregon, USA
18. Dead Sea - Israel/Jordan



19. Death Valley National Park - California, USA
20. Devil’s Tower - Wyoming, USA
21. Dome of the Rock - Jerusalem, Israel



22. Easter Island Statues - Polynesia
23. Edinburgh Castle - Edinburgh, Scotland


24. Eiffel Tower - Paris, France    My personal symbol.


25. Empire State Building - New York City, New York, USA


26. Forbidden City - Beijing, China
27. French Quarter - New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
28. Galapagos Islands - Ecuador
29. Gateway Arch - St. Louis, Missouri, USA
30. Gettysburg Battlefield - Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, USA
31. Glacier Bay Basin - Alaska, USA
32. Glacier National Park - Montana, USA
33. Glowworm Cave - New Zealand
34. Golden Gate Bridge - San Francisco, California, USA
35. Grand Canal - Venice, Italy


36. Grand Canyon - Arizona, USA    Not. in. summer.
37. Grand Mosque in Mecca - Saudi Arabia  I would actually totally go there if they would let me inside (which they wouldn't). And I don't think I'll be going to Saudi Arabia because I don't want to end up in jail for flashing an ankle or being kidnapped for someone's harem.
38. Great Barrier Reef - Queensland, Australia
39. Great Mosque of Córdoba - Córdoba, Spain   They would let me inside this one because it's been turned into a cathedral.


40. Great Wall of China - China  I want to take a selfie here. Is that too much to ask?


41. Hagia Sophia - Istanbul, Turkey



42. Hawaii Volcanoes National Park - Hawaii, USA
43. Hollywood Boulevard - Hollywood, California, USA
44. Iguazu Falls - Argentina and Brazil
45. Kiyomizu-dera - Kyoto, Japan
46. Kremlin - Moscow, Russia    Kremlin on the left, St. Basil's Cathedral on the right.


47. Lake Titicaca - Peru
48. Las Ramblas - Barcelona, Spain    A wonderful shopping street that if I remember right, had multiple Zaras. #heaven
49. Las Vegas Strip - Las Vegas, Nevada
50. Leaning Tower of Pisa - Pisa, Italy




51. Louvre Museum - Paris, France



52. Macchu Picchu - Peru    I always wanted to go here until I found out that it involved hiking.
53. Matterhorn - Switzerland
54. Mayan Pyramids of Chichen Itza - Yucatan Peninsula, Mexico  Not really at the top of my list, but I would be up for it.
55. Metropolitan Museum of Art - New York City, New York, USA  Gossip Girl steps! And a great museum.


56. Mount Everest - Nepal
57. Mount Fuji - Japan
58. Mount Kilimanjaro - Tanzania
59. Mount Rushmore - Keystone, South Dakota, USA   The only place on this list that I've been to but wish I hadn't...  if you ever want to get me riled up sometime, ask me about South Dakota. I have a lot of feelings.
60. Napa Valley - California, USA
61. Ngorongoro Crater - Tanzania
62. Niagara Falls - New York, USA



63. Notre Dame Cathedral - Paris, France



64. Pacific Rim National Park - British Columbia, Canada
65. Pebble Beaches of Nice - Nice, France



66. Petra - Jordan



67. Petronas Twin Towers- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
68. Portland Head Lighthouse - Cape Elizabeth, Maine, USA
69. Puerta Del Sol - Madrid, Spain
70. Pyramids of Giza - Egypt   I'm so tantalizingly close in Israel! It's just not safe to go alone so I need someone to go with.
71. Redwood National Park - California, USA
72. Rock of Gibraltar - Gibraltar
73. Rocky Mountain National Park - Colorado, USA 
74. Ruins of Athens - Athens, Greece



75. Ruins of Pompeii - Pompei, Italy
76. Sagrada Famila - Barcelona, Spain



77. Willis Tower (formerly Sears Tower) - Chicago, Illinois, USA



78. Sedlec Ossuary - Czech Republic
79. Sistine Chapel - Vatican City, Italy   I'm really proud of these pictures because there is an entire army of security guards trying to prevent tourists from taking pictures in this room. I like a challenge, so I made it happen anyways. How? I worked my way into the middle of a huge group of Asian tourists and crouched down until I was shorter than them. Still proud.



80. Smithsonian Institution - Washington, D.C., USA
81. Space Needle - Seattle, Washington, USA
82. St. Peter’s Basilica - Vatican City, Italy    


83. Statue of Liberty - New York City, New York, USA    Clearly it's been a while.


84. Stonehenge - Wiltshire County, England
85. Sydney Opera House - Sydney, Australia
86. Taj Mahal - Agra, India
87. Temple of the Golden Pavilion - Kyoto, Japan
88. Teotihuacan - Mexico
89. Tian Tan Buddha - Hong Kong, China
90. Times Square - New York City, New York, USA





91. Varanasi - Uttar Pradesh, India
92. Victoria Falls - Zimbabwe
93. Wailing Wall - Jerusalem, Israel



94. Walt Disney World Resort - Orlando, Florida 
95. Washington Monument - Washington, D.C., USA
96. White Cliffs of Dover - Dover, England
97. White House - Washington, D.C., USA   I've never been inside, but one time we did see George Bush's helicopter land on the lawn (along with two decoy helicopters that kept flying). Hopefully I can tour the inside someday.


98. Winchester Cathedral - Hampshire, England    Haven't heard of it, but knowing me and European cathedrals, I'd probably want to if I looked it up.
99. Yosemite National Park - California, USA
100. Zion National Park - Utah, USA

If I added them up right... that makes 32 that I've been to... and another 23 I'd like to get to at some point. We'll see! No harm in dreaming, right?


No comments:

Post a Comment