Thursday, September 11, 2014

Feeling American

     I've been home now for about 5 months (!), but before that I spent almost an entire year outside of the U.S. In just over a month, I'll be moving out of the country again for just under a year.

     During my year of traveling, I realized something unexpected... living outside of the U.S. actually makes me feel more American. It makes you appreciate what you have at home in a way that's impossible if you've never experienced anything else. 

    After several months living in France, I was almost feeling patriotic enough to start liking country music. But not quite. Haha. Obviously, I'm feeling a bit patriotic today not only because I'm leaving the U.S. again soon, but because of the date!

     This summer, I've been closely following the news in the Middle East. Last night I might have google mapped how close Haifa is to the ISIS headquarters. No worries, guys...it's a comforting 300ish miles away.

     However, I'm not stressed about moving to Israel!! So please don't worry about me :)  Haifa might not be as safe as little Germantown, but it is safe right now. Trust me!

     I don't really know what the point of this blog post was, other than 1. I haven't written anything in a while, 2. I'm getting so excited for my Israeli adventure

    I hate cheesy things, but I kind of like this picture. Never forget, America :)



No comments:

Post a Comment